Faiths' Christmas Scrappy 9's




Four and a half. That's the number of quilts I finished for Christmas. (The half wasn't really a quilt, but a double-sided fleece blanket that I free motion quilted because I don't much care for the fringe-tied variety.) 

Both my college gals needed some color in their apartments, and what better way to add color and warmth than with a throw quilt?

Here Faith shows her scrappy nine quilt which she took along on our mini-ski trip. I used Amanda Jean (Crazy Mom Quilt's) instructions for her One-a-day 9-patch quilt along, and it was a lot of fun to watch this one develop on my design board. It's made almost entirely from scraps from various projects. Turns out I had lots of teals and pinks. As has become my practice, I backed it with fleece, which makes for the coziest throw quilts. I forgot to get pictures of the quilting before she took it back with her to Purdue, but I used a wavy free motion grid, with a line running across each square. This has become one of my go-to FMQ patterns of late as it is very simple, but adds a sweet texture.



Comments

Congrats! on finishing a scrappy quilt for the college girl. I'm sure it will keep her warm and cozy with that fleece backing!!

Popular Posts