With Groanings Too Deep For Words



Do you sometimes struggle to know how to pray? I sure do. Right now my heart is heavy with many varied concerns for many different loved ones. How thankful I am to know the One who daily bears our burdens. (Psalm 68:19.)

Amongst my collection of prayer cards, I have one each day that reminds me of what God has said about prayer. Sometimes these are promises, other times imperatives. This is on one:

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.  (Romans 8:26, 27)


Isn't that beyond beautiful?


And this, from the Book of Common Prayer:

"For Those we Love"

Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to Thy never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come; knowing that Thou art doing for them better things than we can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.




Comments

Popular Posts