Please pray

Please pray for the Rasmusen family. Eric and Helen are walking through the deepest sorrow a parent can imagine, having lost both their beloved daughter Elizabeth and Eric's parents in a car-train collision. Pray for the other two children who were injured, Amelia and Benjamin, and also for the little girls, Lily and Faith, who were not in the car.   

 

Here is a poem written in 1669 by Anne Bradstreet in memory of her granddaughter who died at age three and a half.

 

With troubled heart and trembling hand I write,

The heavens have changed to sorrow my delight.

How oft with disappointment have I met,

When I on fading things my hopes have set.

 Experience might 'fore this have made me wise,

To value things according to their price.

Was ever stable joy yet found below?
Or perfect bliss without mixture of woe?

I knew she was but as a withering flower,

That's here today, perhaps gone in an hour;

Like as a bubble, or the brittle grass,

Or like a shadow turning as it was.

More fool then I to look on that was lent

As if mine own, when thus impermanent.

Farewell dear child, thou ne'er shall come to me,

But yet a while, and I shall go to thee;

Mean time my throbbing heart's cheered up with this:

Thou with thy Savior art in endless bliss.  

Comments

Popular Posts