Clearnote Women's Retreat


He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers. Psalm 1:2

This weekend the ladies from our church gathered for our annual retreat, and we had such a wonderful time! We did things a bit differently this year, doing it all "in-house." We had the joy of hearing about God's work in the lives of three women, and we also broke up into smaller topical sessions, all of which revolved around the theme of bearing fruit in all seasons.

I gave a talk called "Taking Root: Scripture Memory and Devotions." This topic was one I was so enthusiastic about as these are areas the Lord has really been working on with me! It was a challenge to figure out how to pare down what I wanted to say in the 45 minutes I was alloted. So in the course of preparing for this talk, I wrote a number of blog posts on the same topics. They will expand on the same themes, but hopefully give more clarity. I'll be posting these over the next little while, and each one will have the tag "Women's Retreat 2015."


Here are some posts I've already written on these themes:







Without Ceasing


In the next couple of days I'll be putting up posts on Martha Washington (yes - her story does relate!) and Scripture Memory. And then I'm working on several more posts on prayer including details about the card system and I and answers to questions asked by several at the retreat. 


Comments

Popular Posts