What Worked/ What Didn't In Our Homeschool This Year


I'm in evaluation mode, taking stock of progress made in our homeschool this year and starting to get some idea about where we'll be aiming next. I started by brainstorming about the things that went well, those that could be better, and the areas I was really disappointed with. Here's what I came up with:




I've been homeschooling four students this year: Amanda (12th grade), Faith (11th), Paul (8th), and Ben (5th.) This list doesn't cover everything we did but just those things which occurred as working particularly well or needing to be changed either a little or a lot. You might notice that more of these items concern the boys than the girls. Amanda, who is heading to Purdue in the fall,  primarily took dual credit classes at our community college. As upper high school students, both she and Faith have a good trajectory set already and things hum along pretty well for them. With the boys, though, there's still a lot of ground to cover. :)

For the next couple of weeks I'll be up to my ears in record keeping and evaluations. It's not my favorite part of the summer "planning" process, but it gives us important documentation of where we've been and helps guide the future.

Comments

Popular Posts